Displaying items by tag: power paws
Talkin' Pets News
January 19, 2019
Host - Jon Patch
Co-Host - Jillyn Sdlo - Celetrial Custom Dog Services
Producer - Lexi Lapp
Network Producer - Quin McCarthy
Social Media / Production - Bob Page
Special Guest - Elana Kieshenbaum, New Leaf Program Manager, will join Jon and Talkin' Pets 01/19/19 at 5pm ET to duscuss their free global Vegan mentor program
WOODROW WEAR MAKES DONATION AFTER CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES
West Coast Company Provides Healing Tools To Pets In Need
SAN JOSE, Calif. – After the devastation of the Paradise Camp Fire and the other destructive wildfires this season, California-based pet accessory brand Woodrow Wear donated over 500 sets of paw protecting Power Paws to dogs and cats in need of comfort and healing. The brand also implemented a GoFundMe page to help fund further donations to pets statewide.
“Woodrow Wear was started to help people and pets. We’re deeply grateful to be able to keep injured paws safe, to provide comfort, and to help with healing,” says Lorraine Walston, CEO and Founder of Woodrow Wear. “The many organizations that we’ve sent Power Paws to are doing incredible work for the pets and animals who need them now more than ever.”
Power Paws non-slip pet socks help keep wounds clean, while also providing warmth and traction to senior pets and those with mobility issues. Further, Power Paws protect from adverse weather – both extreme cold and hot – and allergens.
The GoFundMe page’s goal is to raise $2,500 to send more Power Paws to pets injured in the Woolsey Fire, Hill Fire and Camp Fire. Veterinarians and shelter workers plan to use the soft, warm socks to help heal burns and wounds, as well as to provide traction on slippery surfaces for older dogs or those who have paw bandages limiting traction. Once the fundraising goal is met, Woodrow Wear will have donated and shipped over 1,000 pairs of Power Paws to California cats and dogs.
ABOUT WOODROW WEAR
Inspired by a senior dog named Woodrow, Walston’s mission was to provide a higher quality of life for pets who need a little extra help. Power Paws pet socks come in 13 sizes, numerous fashionable designs and two foot shapes including a line specifically for greyhounds. For the full story, visit www.woodrowwear.com.
# # #
Many years later, I was visiting friends. They had just gotten a Rottweiler puppy from the people at the bottom of the hill, and she sure was cute!! After hearing me say so, our friends took us to visit the puppies. It wasn’t my intention to get a dog. I had never even considered owning a dog. Yet when I sat down to play with the puppies, one leaped into my lap and chose me. Repeatedly, he returned to my lap, even when he was put with the other puppies. And so, Woodrow was mine. And I was his.
- If you treat dogs like family, they believe they are.
- Dogs are good judges of character. Their reactions to strangers at the door should be taken seriously.
- Stereotypes don’t necessarily apply. Rottweilers are only mean dogs if you raise them to be mean dogs. But not Woodrow; he loved the mailman, the vet, kids, and dressing up for Halloween!
- Dogs teach us life-changing lessons: the meaning of unconditional love, how to greet someone with enthusiasm, and how to enjoy simple pleasures such as the sights, sounds, and relaxation that can be found in the back yard or a walk down the street.
- 13 total sizes
- 2 distinct foot shapes
- a reinforced toe product (Power Paws Advanced)
- a reinforced whole foot product (Power Paws Reinforced Foot)
- a non-drug allergy solution
- a stretchable, breathable, comfortable product that dogs don’t mind wearing
Woodrow Wear, LLC