Displaying items by tag: singers
The Mississippi Delta, recognized by many as the birthplace of Rock and Roll and the Blues, is heavily rooted in the upbringing of the Morris sisters. Influenced by the sounds of Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles, Southern Halo was formed originally as a country/pop teenage trio. Now based out of Nashville and performing as a duo, sisters Nata and Tinka are bringing a fresh level of confidence and depth to the studio and stage. Live shows with Nata (principal songwriter, guitarist, lead vocalist) and Tinka (drums) consist of vibrant harmonies, instrumental versatility, and southern rock grittiness. Like champagne and whiskey, one brings the bubbly and the other brings the fire. Previously as a trio, the Morris girls became the youngest artists to compete in the Texaco Country Showdown in 2014, held at the Ryman. Their debut EP followed, produced by Alabama’s Jeff Cook. Nashville songwriters Gerald O’ Brien and Catt Gravitt produced the next two projects in 2015 and 2018 with the latter release, Just Like In the Movies, generating two MusicRow Country Breakout Top #25 hits. During that time, the sisters opened for a host of top-tier acts, including Old Dominion, Brantley Gilbert, Maren Morris, Dionne Warwick and B.B. King. They have also thrilled audiences in the UK, at CMA Music Fest, Bluebird Café, and the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles. Nata and Tinka call Nashville their home now.
Current single " Don't Let Another Day Go By"
(release date April 24,2020)
Movie review by Jon Patch with 4 out of 4 paws
A Star is Born
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Live Nation Productions and Warner Bros. Pictures present an R rated, 135 minute, Drama, Musical, directed by Bradley Cooper with screenplay by Cooper and Eric Roth with a theatre release date of 10/05/18.
Born in Fitchburg, Massachusetts and raised across the border in Coal Branch, New Brunswick, Canada, THE ROYS possess a sound that is rich and identifiable.
Sought-after entertainers on the New England circuit, THE ROYS eventually moved to Nashville, signing with Rural Rhythm Records.
Their debut album, Lonesome Whistle (2011), was met with critical acclaim. THE ROYS newest musical venture is the album New Day Dawning (2012)
and features the single "Still Standing."
THE MUSIC: New Album: Gypsy Runaway Train (Available June 4, 2013)
Previous Album: New Day Dawning (2012)
Previous Single: “Still Standing”
Debut Album: Lonesome Whistle (2011)
Record Label: Rural Rhythm Records
• New Day Dawning debuted at #2 on Billboard Bluegrass Albums Chart
• 2012 Inspirational Country Music (ICM) Bluegrass Artist of the Year
• 2012 Inspirational Country Music (ICM) No. 1 Inspirational Country Single (“I Wonder What God’s Thinking”)
• 2011 Inspirational Country Music (ICM) Bluegrass Artist of the Year
• 2009 & 2010 Inspirational Country Music (ICM) Duo of the Year
• "Coal Minin’ Man" (Lee Roy/Matthew J. Rogers) from Lonesome Whistle CD Nominated for SPBGMA Song of the Year (2012)
• Lonesome Whistle hit #2 on The Alternate Root Top-66 International Bluegrass Chart and #7 on the Top-20 Bluegrass Albums Chart in Cashbox Magazine
• "Coal Minin’ Man" (single) hit #1 on Power Source Magazine Top-35 Songs Chart
• "Coal Minin’ Man" (single) hit #3 on the Bluegrass Unlimited Top-30 Songs Chart and Bluegrass Music Profiles Charts
• "Trailblazer" spent 14 weeks on the European Hot Disc Chart, Peaking at #4
• "Coal Minin’ Man" #1 on the European Country Chart for 2 Weeks
• Roughstock’s Ones To Watch: Class of 2011
• Performed for President George W. Bush at Andrews Air Force Base on his final day in office
• Performed the National Anthem at the Tennessee Titans/Denver Broncos game (2011), Red Sox at Fenway Park and the NASCAR Truck Series
at The Kansas Speedway
• Performed with George Jones, Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, Chris Young, Blake Shelton, Doyle Lawson, Janie Fricke, Collin Raye, Alan Jackson,
Ricky Skaggs, Sara Evans, Rhonda Vincent, Phil Vassar, Neal McCoy, Jimmy Fortune, Dailey & Vincent and the Oak Ridge Boys
• Bluegrass Nights At The Ryman 2012
• CMA Music Fest 2012
• Tamworth Country Music Festival 2012 (Australia)
PERSONAL PROJECTS / CHARITIES:
• Hosts of the 2013 Christmas 4 Kids Celebrity Golf Tournament
• Co-hosted the 2012 Christmas 4 Kids Celebrity Golf Tournament with Tennessee Titans’ Placekicker Rob Bironas
• Compassion International Spokespersons: "Respond With Compassion" Campaign 2011- 2012
• Compassion International mission trip to Bogota, Columbia, South America (August 2010)
Team RealTree Outdoor Energy Drink: The number one energy drink brand for living outdoors, featuring the 16 oz. metal re-sealable bottles,
different camouflage patterns for flavor variations and the distinctive Team RealTree logo. Available in White Buck, Blaze Orange, AP Citrus, Pink
Lemonade and Low-Carb Cream Soda.