New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania prepares exclusive pet amenities & events to welcome 2013 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show participants
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 2013. (New York City, NY)—Recognized as the 2012 Pet Friendly Hotel of the Year and host hotel for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is preparing to welcome all canine hopefuls participating in the 2013 event. As in previous years, the Hotel will host a majority of the Westminster Dog Show contestants in New York.
The 137th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show takes place on February 11th and 12th, 2013 with only the Breed judging at Piers 92/94. The Westminster Kennel Club has arranged shuttle buses to transport exhibitors and spectators directly from the Hotel Pennsylvania to Piers 92/94 throughout each day. The Groups, Junior Showmanship Finals and important Best In Show will still be held at Madison Square Garden, directly across from New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania.
“We are ready to host the VIP’s (Very Important Pooches) for the annual Dog Show given our perfect Westminster location, unbeatable rates and exclusive guest amenities,” said Jim Flynn, General Manager/All Dogs’ Best Friend at the Hotel. “Westminster guests will have a great show in our Lobby alone as they get to see up close all of the different breeds and, perhaps even, a future Best in Show.”
No one does it better than the Hotel Pennsylvania and the property is known for hosting Westminster champions, including 2008 Best in Show Uno the Beagle, and even the first ever ‘pup’tual Westminster wedding ceremony in 2011. To prepare for this special occasion, the property is planning to set up a variety of exclusive onsite daily events and amenities to coincide with the Show exclusively for guests, including:
- Direct shuttle bus service for Dog Show exhibitors and spectators from the Hotel to Piers 92/94 each day of the Dog Show (courtesy of Westminster).
- Exclusive welcome package for Westminster guests.
- A live Westminster Kennel Club broadcast satellite feed from the Hotel’s Lobby on the morning of February 8th.
- Hosting the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York, the 1st In-Line, Inc. sponsored Green Room Salon, Spa and Canine Gym offers a variety of amenities for Show participants: bathing/beauty parlor/salon, dog grooming/comfort station, exercise/fitness area, animal acupuncture, walking area, and even his and hers relieving area.
- Hosting the New York Pet Fashion Show taking place on Friday, February 8th; starting at 7 pm EST.
- Hosting a live three-hour radio broadcast of the popular pet show Talkin’ Pets with Jon Patch on February 9th from 5 pm to 8 pm EST.
- Hosting the American Canine Education Foundation (ACEF) & the Senior Conformation Judges Association (SCJA) 30th Annual Buffet Reception & Dance on February 10th (7 pm until midnight EST).
- Our exclusive on-site Doggie Concierge will be working hard to attend to all canine requirements (such as ‘pup’arazzi interviews and hotel tours) related to the Westminster Dog Show.
- The Paw Mall, located at the Dog S’paw’, will feature all the latest accessories and gifts for both owners and pets to enjoy, from jewelry to pet clothing.
New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is offering unbeatable room rates for Westminster guests with dogs and those without dogs. To stay at the host hotel where all the Westminster Dog Show action happens, contact 212-736-5000 (locally) or 800-223-8585 (toll-free) or visit www.hotelpenn.com today.
Westminster is the oldest, continuous sporting event in America, with the exception of the Kentucky Derby. The Dog Show is the most prestigious of National Dog Shows and has been held every year despite power shortages, hazardous weather conditions, economic depressions and World Wars.
About New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania
Since 1919, New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania has been host to millions of visitors to Manhattan, more than any other hotel in the world. The hotel is one of only two hotels in Manhattan to earn the prestigious ENERGY STAR award, which exemplifies superior energy performance and efficiency. With 1,700 rooms and over 90,000 square feet of function and adjacent exhibit space, the hotel’s location on 7th Avenue at 33rd Street is conveniently located to the Midtown business district and within walking distance to many of Manhattan’s famed tourist attractions, including Times Square, the Theater District and the Empire State Building. Directly across from Penn Station and with most major subway lines within one block makes getting to and around Manhattan exceptionally easy. Reservations can be made on-line at www.hotelpenn.com or by calling 212-736-5000 or toll-free at 800-223-8585. The World’s Most Popular Hotel is a registered trademark of New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania.