Displaying items by tag: give away
- why the way we treat animals matters;
- what we can do to translate our compassion for other beings into treating them with the love, justice, and dignity they deserve; and
- what we need to learn about the connections between the rights, health, and wellbeing of people and animals.
Hello! I’m Dr Charles Livingston, CEO of Lifeboost Coffee.
I sat down one afternoon with a cup of coffee and as I sat there, I started to think of all the reasons why 80% of the population indulge in some form of this wonderful beverage.
- 1 I started with myself. Why do I drink coffee?
- 2 When I wake up, I drink coffee as a morning ritual. I start out giving gratitude, doing affirmations and planning out my day.
- 3 Being a chiropractor, I drink coffee for the health benefits.
- 4 Being a business owner, a father, and an adoring husband to a beautiful wife, I drink coffee for energy and focus.
- 5 When I meet up with friends or business colleagues, I drink coffee for conversation.
When I drink coffee, it transports me to another place of thinking.
A place of focus. And starts the process of gaining clarity to work out problems that I face during the day or week. My focus increases. My mood changes, I engage with others and exchange ideas over this little cup of deliciousness. It still amazes me that coffee can do all of this!
I’ve come to realize that I’m on a never ending quest to be a better person than I was yesterday. I choose to start each day on a positive note because that makes your entire day better (And it makes you much more pleasant to be around).
I began thinking to myself… wow, if coffee is this vital in my daily life and 80% of the population drinks it for similar reasons, then why not create a company that gives an amazing, positive experience? Why not create a coffee that provides all of the benefits with none of the pesticides or poisons, that tastes great and make the company in such a way that our mission is to help you be better than you were yesterday?
Lifeboost Coffee was born.
When I drink coffee, it transports me to another place of thinking.
We scoured the world to find the best, fairly traded coffee grown in a nationally protected area by people who hand pick and spring water wash only the best beans from the crop. This small planation lies in the mountains at an elevation of 5700 feet in the covering of guava trees. It is here, the secret to Lifeboost coffee lies.
As soon as I tasted this coffee, I fell in love. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was the coffee bean that I wanted to represent Lifeboost.
We Love Being Our Best Version Of Ourselves.
We believe starting your day off on a positive note will make or break your day. Every day should start with a ritual. You are constantly bombarded with negative messages throughout the day. Why start out that way?
Here’s how we start:
It is starting our day with a delicious cup of coffee, gratitude, and affirmations. This is how we motivate ourselves to be the best person we can be and never stop being better than the day before.
That is what Lifeboost Coffee stands for. Starting your day off right so that you can be the best you possible. Your coffee is the cornerstone of a daily ritual that will ELEVATE you to be your best today. It will ENERGIZE your body and give you that oomph to get moving so that you can EXCEL.
That is our mission. That is our purpose.
ELEVATE Yourself & Others To Be The Best Version Of You
ENERGIZE Your Brain To Get Moving And Get Focused
EXCEL In Life
There is nothing like waking up in the morning and looking forward to that first cup to start off your day. It is the first domino that pushes all the others. Coffee is the secret elixir of the most famous people from generations past. It is the drink that bonds 80% of humans in this world.
We invite you to join us and start YOUR day off on a positive note.
Join our movement and let’s Lifeboost together!
I am happy to do business with Dr. Livingston. Because of Dr. Livingston, I get paid more than what I would receive in the normal marketplace. This allows me to afford a good education for my children.
I planted this coffee plant a year ago with the profits I have made from the sale of coffee to Dr Livingston. It is flowering now and smells wonderful! I hope to have a good harvest when time comes and be able to offer Dr. Livingston and his customers a great cup of coffee.
Why Buy From Us?
Individual hand selectionYour cup of Lifeboost Premium Coffee comes from coffee beans that have been individually hand selected as the premium bean(s) of a harvest. Your coffee beans are lovingly cultivated by local farmers, after being grown slowly to full maturity in mountain shade.
Your beans are hand-picked — one at a time to provide the highest in Gourmet blends — and then fermented for 26 hours so the skin can be carefully removed without damaging the seed. No pesticides are ever used.
Next, your beans are spring water washed, then slowly sun-dried until they have the perfect humidity content of 11.5%. Finally, your beans transition into a 30-day “rest” period, which allows the beans to slowly complete their taste-enhancing richness. You literally are getting the “cream of the crop” in layman’s terms.
The Lifeboost Premium Coffee coffee beans have been recognized worldwide through competitions, where it has been chosen as the “World’s Premier Cup” and consumed by country’s Presidents and leaders and on an international level. Lifeboost Premium Coffee Coffee is the preferred coffee of many and has risen to The Winners Circle.
The problem of many coffees is that they contain mycotoxinsMycotoxins are a metabolite that is produced by molds which are detrimental to your health. They can cause a wide range of health problems like cardiomyopathy, hypertension, cancer, and kidney disease. One study found that 91.7% of the coffee beans were contaminated with mold before they were processed. One other study showed that 52% of green coffee beans and about 50% of brewed coffees are moldy.
Mycotoxins are commonly found in low quality coffee. This is because companies use lower quality beans that have higher concentrations of mold and they use processing techniques to add flavor that increase the amounts of mold.
Most coffees are blended beans
Blends of coffee are bad because they incorporate beans from different areas in the blend which increases the chances that there will be moldy beans. I want to make clear that, plain and simple, blending high quality beans with low quality beans is done to make a bag of coffee more profitable. It’s an easy way to make a cheap bag of coffee into a much more expensive bag simply by adding 10-20% of high quality beans.
If the fillers are very low quality beans, the fine aroma of the original beans is overtaken by the imperfections of the low end fillers. That is when your brand name coffee needs to be sprayed with chemically produced coffee aroma in order to be appealing.
Also, coffee this bad will generate a harsh feeling in your throat and will leave a lingering bad aftertaste that ranges between bitter and metallic. Generally, makers of this coffee will resort to a very dark roast in order to create the perception of "richness" in the cup while narrowing the range of aroma & flavor and hiding the low quality.
What we do to avoid mycotoxins in our coffee:
- Our coffee is prepared using a wet and a dry process with a slight variation to avoid any mycotoxins.
- The coffee is first washed in pure, spring mountain water, but we do not allow the coffee beans to ferment, as is usually done during the wet process. In order to avoid the generation of mycotoxins we employ a hybrid of sorts referred to as the mechanical process (or forced demicuilage) with no fermentation.
- A sub point of this is that a large amount of the reason why mycotoxins occur is because of poor quality control of the water tanks and water sources.
- The coffee is grown at over a mile in altitude (5,700 ft +), greatly reducing the ability for the fungi/molds that create mycotoxins to even occur.
- The coffee comes from a single origin meaning the chance of mycotoxic contamination from other sources is eliminated.
- After the coffee has been washed, beans are pulpled (removed of their outer covering) and let to dry in the sun for a few days serving a double purpose of eliminating any molds and mycotoxins that may have formed while being exposed to the water as well as giving the coffee a "rest period" period before roasting.
- We have very rigorous health and quality standards; before any batch is to be roasted the coffee is tested in a lab to ensure several factors are in check including; quality, molds, moisture content, consistency, and others.
- In the final step, coffee is roasted which effectively eliminates all bacteria, fungi, molds and the mycotoxins these may have generated.
- As a final precaution, each shipment of coffee is tested once again by the The Agriculture Department before it is allowed to leave the country. If the coffee has any mycotoxic presence the shipment is not allowed to leave the country.
SHOP LIFEBOOST COFFEE
Practical Guidance and Compassionate Support for Pet Owners Before, During, and After the Death of a Beloved Companion Animal
Our pets are members of our families. The death or separation from a beloved animal friend—whether anticipated or unexpected—can unleash a roller coaster of emotions. In this compassionate guide based on 20 years' experience helping individuals and teaching veterinary professionals, Angela Garner offers practical support and guidance to help you prepare for your pet’s death ahead of time, do your best by your animal friend when the time comes, and work through your grieving process afterward. The author explores how best to prepare for the death of your beloved pet, including recognizing changes in your pet’s well-being, palliative care at home, taking care of your pet’s remains, ceremonies, and more. She discusses natural death and euthanasia and offers exercises and activities to help you work through difficult issues, such as what to discuss with the vet and how to stay focused on your pet’s welfare when euthanasia is anticipated. Sharing her own experiences and those of others, she explores practices to help you cope with fears and overwhelming emotions, retain a center of inner calm when making crucial decisions, and find the courage to say goodbye when it is time. Angela Garner also addresses the different emotional components of the bereavement process—fears beforehand and guilt and anger afterward—and includes a compassionate discussion about children and pet loss as well as how to support a grieving companion animal in the family. Offering step-by-step support throughout, this guide brings hope and reassurance that, while grief may feel insurmountable, you will come out the other side to once again reengage with life.
Author Bio: Angela Garner, animal bereavement specialist and former nurse, founded a national support service in the UK to help people through the grieving process, developing a wide range of pet bereavement support resources. Awarded a fellowship by the Society of Bereavement Practitioners for her work, she lives in Devon, UK.
When It’s Time to Say Goodbye
Preparing for the Transition of Your Beloved Pet
Foreword by Victoria M. Nicholls, BVetMed, Cert AVP (EM), MRCVS
ISBN: 9781644111215, February 2021 Also available as an ebook Paperback: $16.99, 160 pages, 6 x 9
Imprint: Findhorn Press
26% of all mammals are at risk of extinction
41% of all amphibians are at risk
30% of sharks and manta rays are at risk
13% of all birds species are at risk
WILD VET ADVENTURES:
SAVING ANIMALS AROUND THE WORLD
WITH DR. GABBY WILD
The recent UN World Wildlife Day (celebrated on March 3rd) remind us of the urgent need to protect wildlife and raise awareness of challenges facing the world’s wild fauna and flora. Inspire your little nature lover with National Geographic Kids’ WILD VET ADVENTURES: SAVING ANIMALS AROUND THE WORLD WITH DR. GABBY WILD where you will travel the planet to meet some of Earth’s most incredible critters through the eyes of adventurous wildlife veterinarian, Dr. Gabby Wild.
Whether it’s pioneering elephant acupuncture, or treating Jane Goodall’s chimps, Dr. Wild’s vibrant conservation mission has taken her around the globe to work with zoos, museums, top conservation organizations, and universities. Her non-profit foundation is dedicated to the protection of the world’s most endangered creatures.
Join Dr. Gabby Wild on Tuesday, March 9th as she discusses:
· Her most unusual patients and scariest vet experience
· Interesting veterinarian care from jaguar dentistry to darting wild monkeys for care
· Her non-profit foundation dedicated to the protection of the world’s most endangered creatures
· Exotic animal behavior from their quirky natural traits to curious facts galore
· How the book covers over 80 animals from regal lions to playful pandas, fearsome Gilamonsters to creepy tarantulas, and more.
Dr. Gabby Wild has traveled the world to save animals. From pioneering elephant acupuncture to treating Jane Goodall’s chimpanzees in Uganda. Kids often recognize Dr. Wild as the veterinarian from Animal Jam Classic (over 130 million registered users) where she has answered questions from children about wild animals. Some of her noted recent collaborations: World Wildlife Fund, National Geographic Society, Jane Goodall Institute, Harvard University, Oxford University, The American Museum of Natural History, The Bronx Zoo, Zoological Society of London, Natural History Museum ( London) , and Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle (Paris). American-born and raised shortly there after in France and later in Boca Raton, FL, when Dr. Wild is not traveling to save animals, she is an emergency room doctor and veterinary surgeon at The Animal Surgical Center on Long Island. She received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Cornell University, Master’s of Public Heath from the University of Minnesota, and is also a published genetics researche