ABOUT THE BOOK
The art of needle felting dogs can produce amazingly hyper-realistic – almost taxidermic – results, and with a little know-how, some needles and wool, and a few inexpensive accessories, you, too, can needle felt like a professional.
If you have ever wanted to improve your needle felting and take it to a whole new level to create lifelike dogs, this book, by world class needle felting master Cindy-Lou Thompson of Chicktin Creations, will show you how.
Covering four different breeds of dog (Dachshund, Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier and Poodle), with step-by-step instructions and photos, Cindy takes you through the processes of creating different body shapes, proportions, armatures, coats, and blending, as well as realistic accessories such as eyes, noses, mouths, ears, and nails.
Learn how to achieve a professional finish with different textured coats, clipping and shaping, and finishing off, using a variety of mediums and methods, some of which Cindy has designed and developed herself, and never revealed ... until now.
A Masterclass in needle felting dogs by Cindy-Lou Thompson
£14.99(UK), $17.99(US), 23.99(CAN)
• Step-by-step instructions showing how to create your own needle felted masterpiece
• Includes never before seen techniques from a master of needle felting
• Make your own hyper-realistic needle felted dog
• Create a lasting tribute to your own beloved dog
• Focusing on four breeds of dog and different methods of creation
• Learn Chicktin Creations’ own secrets of needle felting
• An essential book for any needle felter of animals
• Create four different highly realistic dogs, from start to finish
• A needle felting master class in the comfort of your own home
• Now you can learn the secrets of needle felting realistic dogs
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Cindy was raised by her grandmother, who had a very successful business boarding, training & breeding dogs. Cindy drew on this experience during her working life, training security dogs in Barbados, and later as a dog warden in the UK.
Her childhood hobby of making pipe-cleaner dogs, and her talent for art and crafts, became the basis of her creative work today. Serious illness and sepsis prompted the start of Cindy's needle felting journey: needing something to occupy her during a slow recovery, self-taught Cindy has become world class in this addictive craft, naturally specialising in breeds of dog.
Place of birth: St Neots, HUNTINGDON • Hometown: EAST KIRKBY • Nearest city: Lincoln
HH5383 • Paperback • 25x17.6cm • £14.99 • 128 pages • 339 colour pictures • ISBN: 978-1-787113-83-1 • UPC: 6-36847-01383-7