As you may know, I've never been very keen on celebrating birthdays. The years go by too fast, and no one likes the idea of being older. I've always thought age is just a number and has little to do with how we feel. But, it's true, I'll be 90 next April -- I can hardly believe it!
So I thought I'd look for a new way to mark the occasion. I wanted to do something special for all of you, my fans and friends who have been so devoted all these years. Something celebratory to bring you together, and something that would warm my heart as well.
I asked my team at the Doris Day Animal Foundation and my gang at the Cypress Inn here in Carmel to come up with something really wonderful. We know many of you regularly gather at the Cypress on my birthday. So today we're delighted to expand on your annual tradition and to invite you all to join in A Sentimental Journey: a three-night package at the Cypress Inn, with the whole weekend benefitting DDAF!
The package includes:
- Three nights' accommodation at my charming Cypress Inn, here in Carmel by-the-Sea, April 3, 4, and 5, 2014
- A commemorative welcome gift bag containing exclusive Doris Day and DDAF goodies and memorabilia
- A daily breakfast buffet
- Invitation to a pet fashion show, hosted by the Cypress and featuring some of our local four-leggers and darling pet boutiques
- Live entertainment on the evening of April 3, with pianist Jim Martinez and singer Laura Didier
- Tickets to my official birthday celebration dinner on April 4, which will also include live entertainment, surprise guests, a silent auction, and a raffle for a chance to win autographed, personal memorabilia from my own collection
The Cypress Inn is offering very special rates for this event. A single occupancy room for the weekend package is $995. Double occupancy is $1,195. A generous portion of the proceeds from all of these activities will go right to DDAF. And, since the birthday gift I'd like most is to continue to help as many four-leggers as possible, your joining in this celebration will be the very best gift of all.
To be a part of the memories, please call the Cypress Inn at 1-800-443-7443 and ask for the Sentimental Journey package. Space is very limited, and room selection is on a first come, first served basis. Prices include all taxes and gratuities.
I hope you'll consider visiting Carmel in April to help us celebrate. But if you're not able to join us, don't you worry! We'll soon be announcing plenty of activities, new releases, and interactive features on both the DorisDay.com and DDAF.org websites as we get closer to my birthday. So stay tuned!
All my love,