Displaying items by tag: mars
Talkin' Pets News
July 25, 2020
Host - Jon Patch
Co-Host - Dr. Anne Lampru - Animal Alternatives
Producer - Kayla Cavanaugh
Network Producerr - Darian Sims
Consultant Social Media - Bob Page
Special Guests -Carol Kaufmann author of "97 Ways to Make a Cat Like You" will join Jon and Talkin' Pets 7/25/20 at 5pm ET to discuss & give away her new book
Dr. Mike Heithaus, Marine Ecologist, will join Jon and Talkin' Pets 7/25/20 at 630pm ET to discuss this year's Sharkfest and his role in Sharkcano and Raging Bull Shark
Mars Petcare Presenting New Technologies at VMX Driving Preventive Care in Veterinary Practice
Unfortunately, our pets can’t tell us what’s ailing them. But fortunately, today, we have new technologies and AI that are giving us insight into their health and behaviors that we’ve not been able to access until now.
For background, this year at VMX, Mars Petcare presented a session on Monday, Jan. 20, about these new technologies and how they are reshaping the world of veterinary care and the relationships between veterinarians and pet owners on proactive health and wellness. Some examples are:
- Pet Insight Project: Our pets’ behavior has hidden insights into their well-being. In the past two years, Mars Petcare quantified and analyzed over 10 million days of behavioral information from over 90,000 dogs using Whistle FIT monitors to help determine how they relate to our pets’ overall wellbeing. New discoveries from this round-the-clock monitoring project focus on the early identification of canine health issues including dermatologic (skin) disorders which can be identified by disruptive sleep patterns, scratching habits and barking.
- WISDOM PANEL: This canine DNA test is providing new insights for veterinarians into the specific health needs of dogs through extensive ancestry and genetic health screenings for more than 150 conditions. During the session, Mars will share findings from the large-scale integration of Wisdom Panel™ Health genetic testing into the Banfield® Pet Hospital Puppy Optimum Wellness Plans® which has tested 200,000 puppies in just over a year, including 5% who have actionable health insights identified in their DNA.
- RenalTech™: The first-ever predictive tool in veterinary medicine that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to predict whether a cat will develop chronic kidney disease – which affects 30-40 percent of cats over the age of 10 – two years before typical clinical diagnosis offering new avenues for monitoring and treatment to improve the health and well-being of feline patients.
Movie review written by Jon Patch with 2 out of 4 paws
20th Century Fox, New Regency Pictures, Bona Film Group, Keep Your Head, MadRiver Pictures, Plan B Entertainment, RT Features and Regency Enterprises present a PG-13, 122 minute, Adventure, Drama, Mystery, directed by James Gray and Dan Bradley, written by Gray and Ethan Gross with a theater release date of September 20, 2019.
Review written by Jon Patch with 3.5 out of 4 paws
Columbia Pictures, Skydance Media and Sony Pictures Entertainment present an R Rated, 103 minute, Horror, Sci-Fi, Thriller, directed by Daniel Espinosa, written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick with a theater release date of March 24, 2017.
Review written by Jon Patch with 2 paws out of 4
The Space Between Us
STX Entertainment, Southpaw Entertainment and Los Angeles Media Fund present a PG-13, 120 minute, Adventure, Drama, Romance, directed by Peter Chelsom, screenplay by Allan Loeb and story by Stewart Schill with a theater release date of February 3, 2017.
Talkin' Pets News
Host - Jon Patch
Co-Host - Dr. Linda Register
Producer - Daisy Charlotte
Network Producer - Quin McCarthy
Executive Producer - Bob Page
Special Guests - Jane Sobel Klonsky, author of Unconditional Older Dogs, Deeper Love will join Jon and Talkin' Pets 1/14/17 at 5pm EST to discuss and give away her new book
Jerry Grymek - Doggie Concierge Hotel Penn New York City to discuss our live broadcast for Westminster at 620pm EST
CHRIS GLISSMAN, CEO OF MEOWIJUANA, LLC will join Jon and Talkin' Pets 1/14/17 at 630pm EST to discuss and giveaway his products for cats
MARS Considers Imminent Human Life on the Red Planet:
By award-winning journalist Leonard David, with foreword by Ron Howard
WASHINGTON (Sept. 26, 2016)—Right now, plans are being put in place and procedures honed to get humans to Mars.
MARS: Our Future on the Red Planet (National Geographic Books; on sale Oct. 25; ISBN 978-1-4262-1758-6; 304 pages; $30) considers the imminent settlement of humans on Mars. Backed by extensive research and written by award-wining journalist Leonard David—who has covered space for 50 years and was co-author of Mission to Mars with Buzz Aldrin—the book is part of a major National Geographic Mars initiative* this fall, including a documentary in partnership with Ron Howard, whose foreword opens the book.
So, what is life on Mars going to take?
- A parachute the size of the Rose Bowl will be necessary to land a crew on Mars from the spacecraft in which they travel.
- Mars has the largest volcanoes and deepest canyons in the known solar system, and anyone on the surface of the planet is exposed to lethal levels of radiation.
- Earth is far: two years away and that’s when the window of return is open.
There’s a whole lot we don’t yet know and MARS takes those crucial questions head-on:
- Researchers posit the “Earth Out of View” phenomenon as one example of potential psychological effects. Unlike astronauts who often report awe and insight when viewing Earth from space, people on Mars may not see the earth in their night sky at all.
- The toll of a two-year journey through space, let alone life on a new planet, will have drastic physical effects on every human being living under those conditions. Astronaut Scott Kelly recently spent a year in space and grew over an inch!
- Immediately upon landing, we will need to make changes to Mars if we are to survive. The ethics of altering the ecosystem of yet another planet is no small question.
In MARS, David investigates the red planet as never before, introducing Mars not merely as backdrop to swashbuckling science fiction but as they very real setting of humanity’s next home.
*National Geographicwill extend the MARS experience in an unprecedented cross-platform experience with a six-part documentary series on the National Geographic Channel in November, digital companion prequel “Before MARS” that will launch prior to premiere, a digital virtual-reality experience at MakeMarsHome.com and a MARS Experience installation in New York this October. MARS will be the November cover story of National Geographic Magazine; will be featured in a National Geographic Kids book, MARS: The Red Planet,” on sale Sept. 27; kids media and educational materials; a touring NG Live speakers series; and ongoing Mars coverage on nationalgeographic.com.
About Leonard David
Leonard David is an award-winning space journalist who has been reporting on space activities for over 50 years. He frequently contributes to the website Space.com as their “Space Insider Columnist” and is the coauthor of Buzz Aldrin’s Mission to Mars. In 2015, he became the first recipient of the American Astronautical Society’s (AAS) “Ordway Award for Sustained Excellence in Spaceflight History” in the category of journalism, and in 2010 he received the National Space Club Press Award.
About Ron Howard
Ron Howard has made a lifelong career in television and film, winning numerous accolades and awards as actor, director and producer. He is co-chair with Brian Grazer of Imagine Entertainment, which has recently partnered with National Geographic on Breakthrough as well as Red Planet.
About National Geographic Partners LLC
National Geographic Partners LLC, a joint venture between National Geographic Society and 21st Century Fox, combines National Geographic television channels with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic Studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, catalog, licensing and e-commerce businesses. A portion of the proceeds from National Geographic Partners LLC will be used to fund science, exploration, conservation and education through significant ongoing contributions to the work of the National Geographic Society. For more information, visit www.nationalgeographic.com and find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
20th Century Fox, TSG Entertainment, Genre Films, International Traders and Mid Atlantic Films present a PG-13, 141 minute, Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, directed by Ridley Scott, book by Andy Weir and screenplay by Drew Goddard with a theater release date of October 2, 2015.
Walt Disney Pictures presents a PG-13, 132 minute, action, adventure, fantasy directed by Andrew Stanton, written by Stanton and Mark Andrews, based on the novel “A Princess of Mars” by Edgar Rice Burroughs, known as author of the original Tarzan, with a theatrical release date of March 9, 2012.