Quotes about Dogs by People Who Love Them
BY BOZE HADLEIGH
Life’s a Pooch is, pardon the expression, catnip for dog lovers. Its five riveting chapters comprise hundreds of celebrity quotes and anecdotes about everyone’s best friend. By turns funny, touching, surprising, and informative, it embraces every aspect of the human-dog bond and explores our furry companions’ sometimes baffling world and celebrates their impact on ours. Those quoted range from animal superheroes Betty White and Doris Day to Leonardos da Vinci and DiCaprio to dog trainers, Lassie costars, singers and actors, presidents, Walt Disney, and Martha Stewart--to name a few!
Did you know that:
- Comparing canines with people, Marilyn Monroe once said, “A dog will never tell you to shut up”?
- Aldous Huxley explained the pooch’s popularity: “To his dog, every man is Napoleon,” while President
Harry Truman advised, “If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog”?
- For Renee Zellweger, “Finding exactly the right dog is a lot like falling in love”?
- Peanuts creator Charles M. Schulz felt, “Happiness is a warm puppy”?
- And singer Adele is happy to be “my dog’s best friend”?
Poignant, silly, and heart-warming, Life's a Pooch is a must-have for every dog lover!
Skyhorse Publishing, Inc.
307 West 36th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
About the author:
Boze Hadleigh is the author of twenty-three books, including Holy Cow!—Doggerel, Catnaps, Scapegoats, Foxtrots, and Horse Feathers, about animal words, phrases, and expressions. He speaks five languages, has visited sixty-two countries, holds a master’s degree in journalism, and has won on Jeopardy! Hadleigh lives in Beverly Hills and Sydney.
To request a review copy or arrange an interview with the author, please contact:
Life's a Pooch
Quotes about Dogs by People Who Love Them By Boze Hadleigh
Good Books, also available as an ebook
On Sale: November 21, 2017