New Book By Dogtology Prophet Asks If You Are Among the Faithful?
Live. Bark. Believe.
By Jeff Lazarus
What if GOD made DOG in his own reflection to give MAN the constant happiness, content feeling, and unconditional love that he really needs on earth? With tongue planted firmly in cheek, this is how the “Greatest Story Ever Told” begins when God convinces Dog to help him with “Project Man” for a little task he was working on a couple of weeks AFTER he created earth. DOGTOLOGY: Live. Bark. Believe by Jeff Lazarus (Publication: May 2015; Greenleaf Book Group Press; Pets/Dogs/Humor; Hardcover: $19.95) tells the story of man’s longstanding, fanatical devotion to dog. Dogtology is a belief that recognizes Dog as a genuinely “elevated” being. Just like the author, Dogtologists aren’t just fond of dogs – they laud them and plan their days/nights around the needs and wants of Dog.
A whimsical, satirical celebration of the relationship between dogs and humans patterned after a religious text, Dogtology will resonate with dog lovers from all walks of life and every creed. Each chapter in Dogtology reveals additional proof that humans have a deep need to believe in something more ideal than themselves. With twelve illuminating chapters with titles such as: The Book of Bones, The Book of Barks and The Book of Realizations, the devotees of Dogtology will see themselves illustrated in the same system of rituals, practices and behaviors personified by Dogtologists the world over. Oh My Dog!
Author Jeff Lazarus notes that “Dogtology,” as understood by practicing Dogtologists, can be defined as:
The unconditional, loving belief in Dog as a superior being and, in many ways, Man’s savior
Do you count yourself among the hundreds of thousands of DOG followers? Are you drinking from the dog water bowl? Author Jeff Lazarus asks the reader to be honest with themselves. Are YOU experiencing these symptoms of Dogtology:
- You relentlessly email, Facebook post, Pinterest pin dog photos, dog-toons, dog videos and dog PowerPoint slideshows to everyone on your contact lists on every social media platform regardless of the thundering silence and lack of “likes” you receive in response.
- Your dog groomer knows that the concept of “drop the dog off” does not apply to you, and you are allowed to wait in the staff lounge where you are given status reports every 15 minutes
- You give holiday gifts to and from your dog – and spend more time getting these exactly right than you do your gifts for humans.
- You happily purchase high-priced “gourmet” treats, such as “pupcakes” and “tail mix bars” for your hound while you live on Ramen Noodles to save on costs.
- You understand the sole purpose for which cell-phone cameras were invented: to capture cunning and hilarious shots of dogs behind the steering wheels of cars … wearing sunglasses … and wearing Scottish beanies!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. The veritable shrines humans build to their dogs—in their homes, around their communities, and in the media ---are proof positive that Dogtology is indeed a bone-a-fide belief system that stands proudly alongside all the other great –isms and –ologies of the world. Chew on that!
# # #
About the Author:
Inspired by his BFF, Roamy, Jeff Lazarus bonded with this stray pup who had the cutest face ever – and a personality to match. Olympic athlete, President of the Canine Mensa Society, the James Dean of dogs, and a performer, much like himself. Jeff notes, “he became my confidant, my sidekick. I found I could be truer with him than with anyone else; so I wanted to hang with him day and night. He became my refuge, my sanity, my partner in crime.”
Jeff has an MBA from Pepperdine and a B.A. in speech communication from Cal State. With over twenty years’ experience in sales, marketing, and scientific consulting at Merck & Co. Inc., Lazarus has been inducted into the Merck Hall of Fame and is a five-time winner of the Vice President’s Award. He has taught public speaking and marketing at the university level, performed in various theater groups, played in a rock band, and coached championship youth baseball and soccer teams. Dogtology: Live. Bark. Believe. is the first in a series of humorous pet books, with his next title, Listen Like a Dog: And Make Your Mark on the World publishing next year. For more information about his books and other Dogtology-themed products by Jeff Lazarus, please visit his website: www.Dogtology.com
DogTology: Live. Bark. Believe.
$19.95; 192 pages; Humor/Pets/Dogs; illustrated
Published by Greenleaf Book Group Press: May 2015