WELCOME TO REKALL
LIVE OUT A FANTASY LIFE AND ENTER TO WIN ONE OF NINE FANTASY PRIZE PACKAGES IN THE “WELCOME TO REKALL” SWEEPSTAKES
CULVER CITY, Calif., July 5, 2012 – Ever wish you could be a sports anchor, behind the scenes at ESPN? A Rock Star, chilling with Green Day? A fashionista, hanging with Heidi Klum? A professional videogamer? A Club DJ? A secret agent? Now, Rekall will give moviegoers the chance to live out their fantasies.
In the new movieTotal Recall, in theaters August 3rd, an ordinary factory worker visits Rekall – the company that can give you real memories of a fantastic life. In Sony Pictures Entertainment’s “Welcome to Rekall” sweepstakes atwww.WelcomeToRekall.com, moviegoers will get their chance to bring the Rekall experience to life with a fantasy sweepstakes package.
In addition, all visitors to the site will be able to link their Facebook profiles to their entry to receive a personalized Rekall video, detailing the story of their brand new memories and successful Rekall experience, which they can share with their friends on Facebook.
With nine different categories to choose from, moviegoers will enter to win a premium prize package with top partners:
- The Sports Anchor winner will spend the day at ESPN headquarters to get the full experience of a day in studio, provided by ESPN
- The Rock Star winner will hang with Green Day, attend a sound check and receive backstage access provided by Pandora
- The Fashionista winner will meet Heidi Klum and her stylist in Los Angeles, sponsored by AOL
- The Secret Agent winner will attend the Stiletto Spy School or the MI6 Academy, sponsored by Yahoo! Movies
- The UFC Champion winner, sponsored by UFC, will train with pro fighters and sit octagonside with the trainer
- The Celebrity winner will live like a celebrity in Los Angeles and attend a red carpet event, sponsored by Wonderwall
- The DJ winner will receive DJ lessons from a high-profile DJ, sponsored by Complex
- The Video Gamer winner will travel to Microsoft headquarters to meet a game developer and receive the chance to battle it out with a pro, sponsored by Microsoft
- And the Millionaire winner will receive 1,000,000 Sony Rewards points, sponsored by Sony Rewards. With Sony Rewards, members can get rewarded for doing the things they already love – like going to the movies, playing games, sharing and more. The points can be used to redeem for the latest Sony electronics, movies, music and games – and even once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
In addition, there will be “Welcome to Rekall” experiences in New York, Los Angeles and at Comic-Con. At these special kiosks, users will be able to choose their Rekall experience and receive a photo badge of themselves experiencing the Rekall-provided memory.
Commenting on the announcement, Marc Weinstock, president of Worldwide Marketing for Sony Pictures, said, “Blurring the line between fantasy and reality and questioning what is real versus what is imagined is at the heart of this movie and our campaign. Through welcometorekall.com, moviegoers get a true taste of the Total Recall experience as they vie for real and unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to live out their own fantasies.”
Total Recall is an action thriller about reality and memory, inspired anew by the famous short story “We Can Remember It For You Wholesale” by Philip K. Dick. Welcome to Rekall, the company that can turn your dreams into real memories. For a factory worker named Douglas Quaid (Colin Farrell), even though he's got a beautiful wife (Kate Beckinsale) whom he loves, the mind-trip sounds like the perfect vacation from his frustrating life - real memories of life as a super-spy might be just what he needs. But when the procedure goes horribly wrong, Quaid becomes a hunted man. Finding himself on the run from the police – controlled by Chancellor Cohaagen (Bryan Cranston) – there is no one Quaid can trust, except possibly a rebel fighter (Jessica Biel) working for the head of the underground resistance (Bill Nighy). The line between fantasy and reality gets blurred and the fate of his world hangs in the balance as Quaid discovers his true identity, his true love, and his true fate. The film is directed by Len Wiseman. The screenplay is by Kurt Wimmer and Mark Bomback and the screen story is by Ronald Shusett & Dan O’Bannon and Jon Povill and Kurt Wimmer. The producers are Neal H. Moritz and Toby Jaffe.
About Sony Pictures Entertainment
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 159 countries. For additional information, go tohttp://www.sonypictures.com/
ARE YOU THE REAL JOHN CARTER? WALT DISNEY PICTURES IS LOOKING FOR YOU.
*an entrant’s legal name must be composed of the following elements: (1) a first name of: John, Jon, Jonathan, Jonathon, Jawn, Gian or Juan; and (2) a last name of: Carter, Cartur, Cartir, Karter, Karter, Kartar, Khartar, Kharter or Kartir. See Official Rules at www.RealJohnCarter.com for complete details.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Begins at 12:01 a.m. PT on 1/20/12 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 2/17/12. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 or older, WHOSE LEGAL NAME IS “JOHN CARTER” OR ONE OF THE ACCEPTED ALTERNATE SPELLINGS OF THAT NAME SPECIFIED IN THE OFFICIAL RULES. GRAND PRIZE TRIP MUST BE TAKEN ON 10/6/12. See complete Official Rules for full details including eligibility restrictions, prize description & limitations. Void where prohibited.
ASPCA® Celebrates Million Facebook® Fans with Sweepstakes
Grand-Prize Winner Receives Trip for Two to NYC & Grant to Shelter in Their Name
NEW YORK—The ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) today announced that it is celebrating its 1 million Facebook® fans, which it reached on October 3, and is commemorating the milestone with a “We ‘Like’ You, Too!” sweepstakes for all of its supporters.
Now through October 31, the ASPCA is urging the public to join it on Facebook by clicking ‘Like’ and entering the sweepstakes.
One grand-prize winner will receive:
- Round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations for two to New York City from November 16-18;
- Two tickets to the ASPCA’s 2011 Humane Awards Luncheon on November 17, which recognizes animal heroes who have demonstrated extraordinary efforts, as well as individuals who have made a significant impact on the lives of animals during the past year;
- A guided tour of the ASPCA headquarters – which shares its learnings with groups across the country – including the ASPCA Adoption Center, a 12,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art adoption center which houses more than 300 cats and dogs in accommodations designed for their "creature comfort”; and
- A gift bag of ASPCA merchandise.
“Our fans and supporters have made such a difference by helping us protect, care for, and celebrate our bond with animals,” said Todd Hendricks, senior vice president of Development for the ASPCA. “The online community they’ve helped us to grow has become an indispensible channel through which we can share amazing stories, spread important information to the public, and affect positive change. This sweepstakes is our way of saying ‘thank you’ for helping us give animals a voice.”
In addition to the trip to New York City, the ASPCA also will present a $10,000 grant to a qualifying animal shelter of the grand-prize winner’s choosing. “The grant allows the public to play an important part in our ongoing efforts to provide valuable funds to organizations at the local level,” added Hendricks.
Everyone who enters the sweepstakes also will receive a discount code for 10 percent off a purchase at the ASPCA Online Store. The ASPCA has had a presence on Facebook since 2008.
Last year, the ASPCA leveraged some $88 million in programs to end homelessness and fight cruelty nationally, including substantial support to local animal welfare organizations across the country.
For more information about the sweepstakes, please visit www.facebook.com/aspca.
About the ASPCA®
Founded in 1866, the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) is the first humane organization established in the Americas and serves as the nation’s leading voice for animal welfare. One million supporters strong, the ASPCA’s mission is to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, the ASPCA is a national leader in the areas of anti-cruelty, community outreach and animal health services. The ASPCA, which is headquartered in New York City, offers a wide range of programs, including a mobile clinic outreach initiative, its own humane law enforcement team, and a groundbreaking veterinary forensics team and mobile animal CSI unit. For more information, please visit www.aspca.org. To become a fan of the ASPCA on Facebook, go to www.facebook.com/aspca. To follow the ASPCA on Twitter, go to www.twitter.com/aspca.